Nolan Watson, CEO of Sandstorm Gold Royalties talks royalties with the stock podcast:
- Sandstorm has over 189 streams and royalties across the world
- Royalty companies are more diversified with less risk than traditional mining companies
- Sandstorm has 80% exposure to precious metals / 20% exposure to base metals
- NSR Royalties vs NSI Royalties vs Streams
- Hod Maden
- and more…
It looks like EMX Royalty has taking a keen interest in the Goodpaster District in Alaska, which hosts the Pogo Mine, operated by Northern Star Resources Limited. They have done deals with Millrock Resources and now Corvus Gold to acquire royalty interests in the area. This is an excerpt from their latest press release entitled “EMX Royalty to Purchase Additional Goodpaster Royalty Interests and Make Equity Investment in Corvus Gold” released on May 21st:
“EMX’s new royalty interests purchased from Corvus, combined with the royalty interests recently acquired from Millrock, will consolidate a substantial royalty package in Alaska’s prolific Goodpaster District. The Pogo Mine is operated by Northern Star Resources Limited (“Northern Star”), and EMX’s royalty properties are especially compelling given Northern Star’s recent successes in drilling its nearby Goodpaster prospect and developing the Central Zone discovery. The properties covered by the Goodpaster royalties to be acquired from Corvus include:
- West Pogo WPX Claim Block. The WPX claim block royalty property complements the West Pogo royalties acquired from Millrock, and will fill in EMX’s royalty interests immediately west of the Pogo mine property. The underlying WPX claim block holder and West Pogo project operator is Millrock. West Pogo is along trend of, and has similar geological characteristics to the nearby Pogo Mine. The WPX claims include the Tourmaline Ridge gold prospect.
- LMS Project. The LMS royalty property is situated along the Shaw-Eagle-LMS Trend, where EMX already had a substantial royalty property position that was acquired from Millrock. The gold mineralization at LMS is hosted in low-angle, siliceous breccias developed in metamorphic rocks cut by higher grade stockwork vein systems.
- Goodpaster AOI Royalties. The AOI royalties will cover the recent Millrock claim acquisitions funded by EMX on the West Pogo project, East Pogo project, and Shaw-Eagle-LMS Trend. EMX will hold a combined 1.5% NSR royalty interest on these claims (i.e., Corvus 1% plus Millrock 0.5%).”